Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Acting Robots

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7749932.stm

This is insane. I wonder how long it will be until they have animator robots. Then I really won't be able to find a paying job!

In my career news, my internship with Tiny Inventions is already over. I'll post the little clips I animated as soon as production is finished and I get a copy of it. I animated squirrels and bunnies! Too cute for words.

I supposedly begin an internship at Curious Pictures in mid December. I'm supposed to call them about it in early December. I'm just worried that they may change their minds or forget about me. I'm probably being ridiculous, but well, I haven't had much luck lately getting any sort of job at all.

I sent my work to another guy at Little Airplane at the suggestion of my Tiny Inventions employer. I still haven't heard back from them. Both times I've emailed people at that studio I haven't gotten so much as a peep back. Either they have absolutely no interest in me, or they are not hiring production assistants or animators. I wish I knew which one it was.

I'm still broke, still unemployed, and still trying to find someone to give me my first break. I really hope it comes from Curious. I just have to wow them.

I'm working on a silly little animation at the moment. I was teaching myself ToonBoom and have been fiddling around in AE to learn more about effects. It's totally cheesey and pretty stupid, but it's fun none the less. I'll post it later this week when it's done.

1 comment:

chris chUa! said...

sup, Vanna! hope things work out with the new internship. keep pluggin away! someone's gonna see your talent and dedication sooner or later!

hmm. I sound like some cheesy after school inspiration special pep talk thingy or something, heh. but yeah, best of luck!